Bread and Butter Pudding is an easy to make desert which can be made in several flavors like cakes and pastries. Even the basic pudding tastes great and can also be served as breakfast for kids. Today’s recipe is not only nutritious but also flavored with seasonal fruits.
8-10 milk bread slices, 2 eggs, 650 ml milk, 1 tsp vanilla essence, ½ cup sugar, 1 tsp orange rind, 2 tbsp toasted and flaked almonds, 150 gm cooking chocolate, 1 tbsp slightly crushed walnuts, 1 tbsp raisins, ½ cup mango pieces, ¼ cup grated pear
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until sugar dissolves completely. Add milk, orange rind and vanilla essence and mix again.
- Apply butter on all the bread slices and keep them in a tray.
- Pour some of the egg and milk mixture on bread and let them soak in it for 10 minutes.
- In a dish greased with butter, arrange the bread slices flat in first layer, followed by some mango pieces, almonds, walnuts and raisins. Also put in some cooking chocolate pieces. Repeat this layering process for the second time again.
- Pour the rest of the egg and milk mixture over these layers and sprinkle a thin layer of sugar on top along with grated pear.
- Preheat the oven at 150 degree C and bake the dish for 10 minutes.
- Let the dish remain in the oven untouched for another 10 minutes even after baking is over.
- Serve hot or refrigerate for 2 hours to cool and serve.