Homecoming of a baby is a major event. It could really be an overwhelming experience, especially for parents to be or the ones who have recently stepped into parenthood with absolutely no idea where to start, what to do and how to go about everything. At some point of time specialized help is required. Here are 8 Best & Trendy ways to Design a Nursery. It’s only about creating that perfect idea….here you go. Don’t forget to check out the pictures at the end of this post…you are going to love them!
- Create a happy environment with a beautiful wall décor. Decorated walls with stars, jungle scenes with cutely animated animal pictures, butterflies or cartoons always look good in nurseries. However, it is most suitable to use a non permanent wall décor like stickers, etc., as it gets easy to alter when required without changing the basic wall color.
- Use simple and adaptable furniture and furnishings. Pretty looking storage with round edges, cute laundry baskets and towel bags, lots of soft cushions are definitely a must in all nurseries.
- Create an appropriate color palette for a boy or a girl room. As the saying goes, “brown is for boys and pink is for girls”….be very selective of colors. If you are still waiting for the news and want to be surprised, create a gender neutral color palette and when the boy/girl arrives, add suitable colors in form of furniture and furnishings. You can make the room look modern and playful with bold colors or calming and relaxing with the pastel colors.
- Add a contemporary flair. With contemporary we mean a minimalist look that can be created with sleek furniture, subtle furnishing fabrics, simple furniture that gives us enough space to move around and avoid unnecessary clutter….a look that says you belong to the present.
- Be inventive with Patterns. Using some bold patterns in some bold colors would make the nursery look visually interesting.
- Combine a variety of fabrics. Using a combination of fabrics, patterns and colors, always allows you to add your personal touch to your baby’s nursery. You will be immensely satisfied and the outcome will be as per your interest. My personal favorites are stripes, checks, plaids, polka dots and animal designs.
- Let your baby be close to nature in an Organic Nursery. Use only green products, 100% organic accessories, non-toxic paints and organic foods too, to create healthy benefits for the baby with positive impact on their lifestyle and well being.
- Introduce soft touches to the nursery. Calmness and comfort are high level requirements for a new born. Add soft accessories, soft toys, soft furnishings, soft beds, even an ultra soft carpet for your baby’s use.
Check out some nursery pictures below to develop your own idea of a nursery. Bring home your baby to a healthy, positive and pretty looking nursery!